Rubber Flooring Systems For Hospitals
Every aspect of a hospital's design contributes to the facility's ability to treat patients effectively. When creating or updating a hospital's design it's important to choose the right hospital flooring option.
Whether you're an architect selecting flooring for a client or a hospital administrator overseeing the redesign of a wing or entire building, you need a flooring material that meets high expectations for performance, durability and style. At Mondo Contract Flooring, we offer hospital-grade rubber flooring to meet the unique needs of hospitals and other healthcare facilities. With more than 70 years of experience in the industry, we have what it takes to develop and distribute the best commercial hospital flooring on the market.
Hospitals Require Well-Made, Durable Flooring
Before you choose a flooring product, it's important to understand why flooring matters to hospitals. Hospital flooring may spend its lifespan underfoot and unnoticed, but it influences many aspects of hospital operations including cleanliness, staff efficiency and patient comfort. The flooring you choose can have far-reaching and long-lasting impacts on care.
In a practical sense, flooring lays the foundation for a hospital's treatment of patients. It determines the hygiene, comfort and safety level for individuals walking through the halls or visiting patients in their rooms. Adequate healthcare flooring also facilitates the transportation of heavy rolling loads and critical equipment throughout the building. A good flooring material stands up to constant use and makes movements as smooth as possible.
Flooring can also help improve a patient's mental well-being. A sound-absorbing commercial floor can dampen startling noises that can upset patients. A relaxing color and pattern can help create healthy environments more conducive to healing.
Hospitals have an even greater need for quality flooring than other types of healthcare facilities. This is because hospitals tend to see higher volumes of visitors, treat more serious conditions and house patients for extended periods of time. When choosing hospital flooring, function and aesthetics should both play essential roles.
Our Hospital Flooring Is Ready For Any Challenge
Hospitals have specific requirements for flooring, and many materials fail to make the cut. In general, you should expect your hospital-grade flooring material to meet the following expectations:
- Safety: At a minimum, hospital staff, patients and visitors expect your flooring to be safe. A good healthcare flooring material should prevent slipping and resist cracking, which can create tripping hazards.
- Cleanliness: Though hospital operators do their best to keep floors clean and prevent the spread of germs, hospital flooring surfaces still house bacteria that are difficult to eliminate. As a result, hospital operators expect their new flooring to prevent bacteria growth as much as possible. The flooring should also look clean, as the perception of cleanliness will also impact the patients and their visitors.
- Durability and performance: Many people move through a hospital every day. High-traffic areas, such as entrances and corridors require flooring that provides durability and lasting performance.
- Cost-effectiveness: Hospitals have a dedicated budget to the purchase and maintenance of their flooring. The material you choose needs to deliver all the features you require, at a reasonable cost of ownership.
The challenge is finding a material that meets all of these requirements.
Our Rubber Flooring Systems Are Chosen By Hospitals Worldwide
Though common flooring materials like carpet and hardwood struggle to keep up with the demands of a hospital environment, rubber flooring exceeds the above hospital flooring requirements.
Mondo's hospital-grade rubber flooring provides slip-resistance, cleanliness, durability and high performance, all for a total cost of ownership lower than many other flooring systems. Several hospitals have realized the benefits of rubber as a flooring material and use Mondo products to create practical and visually stunning displays in their facilities, including:
- CHUQ Children's Hospital
- Nemours Children's Hospital
- Women's College Hospital
- Peter Lougheed Centre
- Camp Pendleton Naval Hospital
Experience The Benefits Of A Mondo Flooring System
If you've decided to purchase a rubber flooring system for your hospital, you need to find a flooring company capable of providing a product that meets your requirements. Mondo has provided flooring systems for a number of respected hospitals and healthcare facilities. Facility operators, architects and designers consistently choose our flooring due to its benefits for hospital employees, patients and budget. When you choose a Mondo rubber flooring material for your hospital, you'll discover the following advantages:
- Increased cleanliness: Many of our products come in large rolls, which means your hospital room rubber flooring will have fewer seams. Our flooring is non-porous to further ensure easier cleaning. When manufacturing our flooring materials, we also use a vulcanization process which results in excellent bacteria, microbial and fungal resistance.
- Lower overall cost of ownership: Unlike some other hospital flooring systems, Mondo flooring doesn't require waxing, stripping or the use of expensive cleaning products or equipment in its maintenance regimen. Our flooring can handle hospitals' stringent sanitation requirements with no issue. Over years of ownership, the low maintenance costs associated with a Mondo flooring system can equate to tens of thousands of dollars in savings.
- Sustained employee efficiency: A hospital's ability to treat numerous patients hinges on their staff's ability to work efficiently. Because hospital personnel spend long hours on their feet every day, it's important to choose a flooring system that prioritizes their comfort. Our rubber flooring systems feature resiliency and anti-fatigue properties to keep staff feeling light on their feet. When employees are comfortable and energetic throughout the day, they can work faster and help more patient while having a better moral.
- Improved patient outcomes: Mondo flooring also helps contribute to the creation of a positive healing environment for patients. Our healthcare flooring is low-emitting for better indoor air quality. Sound-absorbing properties further work to quiet rooms and corridors which helps patient comfort and is evaluated in the HCAHPS survey.
- Safer environment for staff and visitors: Tripping hazard are a serious issue that needs to be considered in hospitals. Our flooring provides excellent slip-resistance, even when wet. This makes movement safer for patients, visitors and hurried staff, particularly following cleaning that occurs on a routine basis or after spills.
- Elevated atmosphere: Mondo offers rubber flooring in a number of different styles, colors and patterns allowing you to create the atmosphere you desire. Whether you're looking for something cheery and colorful for children visiting your hospital or something more natural and relaxed, we have a flooring option to suit your care type.
A Variety Of Rubber Flooring Options With Easy Installation
Mondo Contract Flooring knows how important flooring is to a hospital's success, which is why we offer a variety of flooring options to meet different tastes, requirements and expectations. Our rubber flooring for hospitals and healthcare facilities comes in many colors, patterns and thicknesses. You can use one or more flooring products to express a creative idea or create a specific atmosphere throughout the hospital and its departments.
Our most popular flooring options for hospitals — Harmoni, Kayar and Natura — come in large rolls for easy installation, feature three-millimeter thicknesses and come with a 15 year wear-warranty. Whether you're looking for traditional rubber flooring, flooring with a modern concrete design or bold, single-color rubber flooring tiles, we have a product for you.
Contact An Expert To Help You Find The Right Hospital Flooring
As a family-owned business with a long history, Mondo Contract Flooring strives to develop and manufacture the best rubber flooring systems for hospitals, healthcare facilities and other demanding healthcare environments. By focusing all our attention on rubber, we're able to provide products tailored to the unique needs of our customers.
Mondo's Italian-designed rubber flooring is sold in nearly 200 countries around the world, including the United States and Canada. To see how the right flooring could transform your hospital, browse our products online or reach out to an expert today.