Mondo Contract Flooring has the selection of quality rubber flooring that fits most busy facilities’ needs. Commercial rubber flooring that can withstand heavy loads, stains and other wear-and-tear is vital for spaces like hospitals, airports, schools and other public spaces.
If you’re looking for durable flooring, high-quality rubber flooring is the ideal choice. Rubber flooring from Mondo Contract Flooring is available in a wide range of colors and designs, so you can find the perfect complement to fit your space.
What Makes Rubber Flooring So Durable?
Rubber’s natural elastic properties, combined with the vulcanization process, make it highly durable. The polymeric substance is known for its ability to stretch and easily return its original form. Rubber flooring can be made from natural rubber, a man-made material known as synthetic rubber, or recycled rubber materials. With synthetic rubber, manufacturers have the ability to enhance rubber’s natural properties and control the resiliency to make it a material that withstand stains, high foot traffic and harsh impacts.
Most of the commercial resilient rubber flooring we offer is made from synthetic rubber, which gives us the flexibility to create unique and highly durable flooring options.
What Are the Benefits of High-Quality Rubber Flooring?
Our Mondo Contract Flooring range offers many durable properties, including:
- Bacteria-resistance: Inherent resistance to bacteria, fungus and microbes for a highly sanitary environment that repels and prevents the spread of germs. As we do not need to add antibacterial agents to our flooring, this property lasts through the entire lifespan of our flooring.
- Noise absorbency: Improves room acoustics with noise absorbing properties.
- Stain-resistance: Designed to resist stains so flooring remains in peak condition.
- Wear-resistance: Designed to withstand high volumes of foot traffic as well as rolling and static loads without significant damage or wear-and-tear to the flooring.
- Chemical-resistance: Ideal for labs and other environments where chemicals are handled to provide added protection against spills.
- Fire-resistance: Class 1 fire-rated.
Other benefits of durable commercial rubber flooring include:
- Low maintenance: Easy to clean and maintain. It does not require stripping or waxing, or any extensive regimen. Our flooring only requires regular cleaning with a neutral detergent.
- Comfortable: Designed to increase underfoot comfort with its anti-fatigue properties.
- Long life expectancy: Demonstrated longevity through decades-old projects around the world.
- Environmentally-friendly: 100% recyclable, does not contain any LBC red-listed ingrdients and is GREENGUARD Gold certified low-emitting, for better indoor air quality.
Where Is Commercial Rubber Flooring Needed?
Rubber flooring is used in a wide range of commercial industries that require durable flooring options. These are typically places that experience high foot traffic and rolling loads such as airports, labs, hospitals and schools.
Rubber Flooring for Airports
Airport floors experience a lot of activity from thousands of people walking and rolling suitcases and carts. Commercial rubber flooring can withstand this high traffic.
With so many people traveling to and from different parts of the country or the world, airports can be breeding grounds for germs. Rubber flooring’s inherent bacterial-, microbial- and fungal-resistant properties help to prevent the spread of germs and maintain a sanitary environment.
Rubber flooring’s anti-fatigue properties also provide extra cushion and support, which keep underfoot conditions comfortable for airport visitors while they wait in lines at security and flight gates.
Rubber Flooring for Schools
Rubber flooring is an ideal choice for school systems and universities. With the high volume of foot traffic from students, staff and visitors, rubber flooring’s wear-resistant properties are vital to ensuring the floors remain in good condition. Rubber flooring is also designed for increased underfoot comfort. From the students walking, to the teachers standing for long periods of time, everyone will be comfortable.
Schools are also busy places with all kinds of activities taking place, from learning to eating to exercising. As a result, floors can get dirty very quickly. However, because rubber flooring are resistant to stains and moisture, as well as being easy to clean and maintain, they are an asset to ensuring a clean school environment.
Mondo Contract Flooring is dedicated to providing school systems with the best flooring possible. Through our Schools for Tomorrow program, we offer benefits such as maintenance equipment and support, additional materials and inlaid logos.
Rubber Flooring for Hospitals and Healthcare Centers
As our flooring is highly resistant, the chances that it is affected by static and rolling loads are low. The reduced chances of damages also increase safety as other types of flooring may crack, chip or tear, creating tripping hazards for patients and staff.
When it comes to flooring in hospitals and other healthcare centers, sanitation and cleanliness are essential factors, as exposure to germs puts patients and staff alike at greater risk. Rubber flooring offers superior fungal, bacterial and microbial resistance, which makes it an ideal choice for these vulnerable areas. As our bacteria and fungal resistance is an inherent part of our flooring product thanks to its creation process, it is as durable a property as the flooring itself.
Hospitals and healthcare facilities, also see many different types of fluids and materials that doctors, nurses and patients encounter, so there is always the risk of substances spilling onto the floor and leaving a permanent effect. Our Mondo rubber flooring is less prone to major damage because of our flooring’s stain-, moisture- and chemical-resistant properties.
Choose Mondo Contract Flooring for Your Rubber Flooring Needs
Mondo Contract Flooring has the options you need for rubber flooring that can withstand chemicals, stains, bacteria, wear, heavy loads, harsh impacts and high traffic volume.
In addition to all of its durable properties, our rubber flooring comes in wide range of colors and design options so you can find just the right flooring to complement your space.
Mondo has over 70 years of experience in the rubber flooring industry and we take pride in all the products and services we offer. If you have any questions or would like more information, complete our online contact form, and we will get back to you right away.
Rubber flooring is an ideal choice for many commercial spaces. It is durable, resilient and comfortable with increased underfoot comfort. It also provides slip, stain and chemical resistance for enhanced safety and cleanliness.
Mondo Contract Flooring has a large selection of rubber flooring options. With a range of colors and design options to choose from, you can find the perfect style for whatever your space requires.
Rubber flooring is a premium rubber flooring choice with many benefits. If you’ve never used rubber flooring before, the below Q&A provides answers to some of the most common questions we receive.
Can Rubber Flooring Get Wet?
Vulcanized rubber is non porous, so it can get wet without sustaining any or much damage itself. However, you should still remove moisture as soon as possible. Water could eventually, with time, seep underneath the rubber flooring through seams and damage the adhesive that secures the flooring to the subsurface. In general however, rubber is a less porous surface than other resilient flooring types such as vinyl and linoleum and therefore can tolerate more moisture on its surface for a longer period without suffering any damage.
Does Rubber Flooring Expand?
Some rubber flooring may expand before installation. Temperature fluctuation could cause rubber flooring to expand or “relax” once it has been rolled out and laid flat before installation. Maintaining a stable, consistent temperature throughout this relaxing period will help prevent issues from occuring. By keeping the flooring dry and the room at an even temperature, you can minimize the risk of issues during installation.
Once installed, Mondo rubber flooring does not expand or shrink and is dimensionaly stable over its entire lifespan. Since it contains no agents or plasicizers that could dry overtime, Mondo rubber flooring will not move, shrink or crack once installed.
Does Rubber Flooring Get Hot?
Rubber flooring is heat-resistant, so it won’t get too hot. It is an insulator, though, so it will retain warmth — which can increase underfoot comfort and prevent the flooring from becoming uncomfortably cold to walk on.
Extended exposure to heat could in some cases cause slight changes of color, so the more you can avoid extreme temperatures, the better.
Mondo Contract Flooring’s products are Class 1 fire rated for extra protection against the effects of excessive heat exposure.
Does Rubber Flooring Smell?
There are different smells that can come from types of rubber floorings that are available on the market, and that will greatly depends on the composition of the flooring. Flooring with recycled rubber (especially if recycled rubber tire material is in the mix) can retain a stronger smell that could be overwhelming for some people. Other flooring have filling agents that may create noticeable smells as well. Those might reduce over time.
Mondo rubber flooring is made of vulcanized virgin and synthetic rubber and does not keep any permanent smell. There could be some odor when you first install your rubber flooring, as the rubber flooring was kept in either closed rolls or tile packs. Over the next few days, the room and floor will air out, after which there is no lasting or noticeable smell. We have in fact installed our flooring in centers where occupants had various sensitivities, including to smells, and our flooring was chosen in part for its neutral impact on indoor air.
Overall, one important element to look at is the indoor air quality certification of the rubber flooring you are considering. Strong smells are not always an indicator that there are harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the air, though the two are often related. A GREENGUARD Gold certification, which all Mondo Contract rubber flooring have, shows that our flooring’s VOC results are very low and ensures that our products will help to create a space with better indoor air quality.
How Durable Is Rubber Flooring?
Vulcanized rubber flooring is extremely durable. It is specifically designed to stand up to high foot traffic areas and harsh impacts. The density and resilient quality of the rubber material account for its performance. As for anything, different quality of rubber flooring available on the market will perform differently over time. We have Mondo installations that are over 20 years old and still look brand new.
Rubber flooring is also slip-, stain-, and chemical-resistant for enhanced durability. Most of our Mondo flooring is made with dual durometer technology, which is a process through which a wear layer is molecularly bound to a bottom performance layer. Dual durometer technology increases the durability and performance of the flooring and allows for a long-lasting appearance.
How Much Does Rubber Flooring Cost?
The cost of rubber flooring can vary greatly depending on the quality, thickness and amount of flooring you need as well as the related costs of labor in your area.
Mondo Contract Flooring offers premium rubber flooring and because our flooring does not require waxing or stripping, you won’t need to perform this time-costly task. Our flooring is also available in larger-sized rolls, which means fewer seams for a lower installation cost. By switching to our flooring products, you could save tens of thousands of dollars over the total cost of ownership.
How Much Rubber Flooring Do I Need?
To create an estimate how much rubber flooring you need, measure the length and width of the spaces where you are looking to install rubber flooring. Then multiply these measurements to get the square footage of the room. Based on the square footage, our sales team can help you determine the exact amount of flooring you will need in your chosen style. They can also advise on selecting rolls or tiles for you installation, as the format of your rubber flooring and the needs of your facility will also be taken into account to determine the square footage of flooring that is required.
Is Rubber Flooring Coated?
Rubber flooring on the market come in both coated and uncoated. Because of its density and low porosity, most vulcanized rubber flooring products do not need any special coating to be sealed or protected. Some facilities wax all their floors, which can be done on rubber flooring, however it is usually not necessary as rubber flooring can be very durable without applying wax.
Mondo has MondoShield technology, a UV coating that is factory applied. This is a permanent coating that will further protect our rubber flooring to make them more durable and easier to maintain. It is applied on most of our products, greatly reducing expenses related to maintenance.
Is Rubber Flooring Toxic?
Rubber flooring is non-toxic. However, its ecological impact depends on the type of rubber flooring you purchase.
At Mondo Contract Flooring, our rubber flooring meets current environmental standards. Our products are 100% recyclable, GREENGUARD Gold certified, low-emitting for improved indoor air quality and do not contain any LBC red-listed ingredient.
What Is Rubber Flooring Used For?
Rubber flooring is a highly versatile flooring option that can be used for a variety of commercial settings. From hospitals and schools to veterinary clinics, retail and public spaces, assisted living facilities and more, rubber flooring is an ideal choice for high foot traffic areas where flooring that is comfortable, durable and easy to maintain is a top priority.
For healthcare and life sciences settings, rubber flooring’s chemical- and slip-resistant properties are fundamental to maintaining a safe and sanitary environment. In environments such as hospitals, schools and public spaces that experience a high volume of foot traffic, the resiliency and durability of rubber flooring is an essential benefit.
What Is the Life Cycle Cost of Rubber Flooring?
The life cycle cost of Mondo’s rubber flooring is fairly low due to the cost savings it provides on maintenance and the long lifespan of the material. Because the flooring is so easy to clean and is resistant to stains and chemicals, you won’t need to spend as much on maintenance, which results in significant savings over time. Rubber flooring also does not require waxing, which can be an expensive maintenance cost.
Rubber flooring also has a demonstrated long life expectancy, so repairs and replacements are less likely.
For a long-lasting flooring solution, rubber flooring is an ideal choice that can save you money over time.
Can I Use Rubber Flooring In Schools?
Rubber flooring is an ideal choice for use in schools. It offers the perfect balance between function, design and performance — it is durable enough to withstand the high volume of foot traffic from students, teachers, visitors and more, and its stain and wear resistance makes it easier to deal with spills and harsh impacts. Rubber flooring also provides increased underfoot comfort, so it is easier for people to walk on and stand on.
Mondo flooring is installed in schools around the world. As a result, we created our Schools for Tomorrow program to deepen our relationships with schools. This program is divided into tiers based on the square footage of rubber flooring a school purchases. In each tier, there are several benefits, such as maintenance equipment and support, added materials and logos.
Can I Use Rubber Flooring In Hospitals?
Mondo rubber flooring is a perfect choice for hospital flooring because it is highly sanitary. It is naturally resistant to bacteria, fungus and microbes to help prevent the spread of germs. As this resistance is a inherent part of our flooring, it will not diminish with time. It is also stain and chemical resistant, so any toxic substances can be easily removed. Rubber flooring is also slip-resistant, to keep patients and staff alike safe from slipping and falling.
Rubber flooring futher provides multiple levels of comfort that patients and staff will benefit from. First, its increased underfoot comfort and anti-fatigue properties help keep staff comfortable on their feet and energized to perform their tasks. Second, it has noise-absorbing features that reduce loud noises spread, allowing patients to get better rest and recuperate.
And because rubber flooring is low-emitting, it can help improve the indoor air quality, which is especially beneficial for patients with breathing issues or other conditions.
Your Rubber Flooring From Mondo Contract Flooring
Mondo has over 70 years of experience in the rubber flooring industry. We are a family-owned company that takes pride in our products, and we provide only the highest quality rubber flooring available.
Our rubber flooring comes in a wide range of colors and design options so you can find the perfect stylistic match for your space. Whether you’re going for a modern or traditional look, we have something for everyone.
All of our flooring is extremely durable, comfortable, resilient, environmentally-friendly and long-lasting. Our flooring comes with a 15-year wear warranty so you can rest assured that your investment is protected.
For more information about our rubber flooring options, contact us today.
Rubber flooring is highly durable and low maintenance, making it an ideal choice for a variety of commercial buildings. But proper care is still required to get the most out of your flooring.
Fortunately, Mondo rubber flooring is relatively easy to clean and maintain as it doesn’t require any stripping and waxing regimen or the purchase of expensive scrubing pad systems. By following a few simple steps and tips, you’ll be able to keep your rubber flooring looking as good as new, whatever your environment may be. These are not exhaustive, our technical team can help you customize a maintenance protocol that will suit your facility.
Mondo Maintenance Instructions
The best thing to do in terms of maintenance for Mondo rubber flooring is to avoid the accumulation of dirt and debris that may be tracked in on footwear or enter through windows and air ducts. With heaving accumulation, the dirt can eventually scrub the floor and wear down the shine or the finish.
Depending on your facility, our technical team can recommend customized steps. However, these are some general guidelines for maintaining your Mondo Contract rubber flooring:
- Vacuum the floor. Dry vacuum (or dust mop) the flooring to remove all dirt whenever necessary. We suggest working from one side to the other to avoid missing any spots.
- Select the right cleaner. Use a neutral cleaner to mop the floor after it has been vacuumed. We can recommend several products for your needs, available in our maintenance guide. Opt for a formula that is low foaming, filmfree and requires less frequent rinses. No heavy-chemical maintenance is necessary. However, our flooring can handle stringent sanitation requirements if you need to use a stronger cleaner. Please discuss with your Mondo representative or our technical team to customize the best plan for your facility.
- Mop the floor. Start at the end of the room that is farthest from the door and work your way toward the exit. Saving the exit for last will allow you to leave without stepping on the freshly mopped floor. We recommend using a microfiber system, using one mop for washing and another for rinsing, and frequently disposing of any soiled cleaning liquids. This should be performed no less than once weekly.
- Allow the area to air dry. There is no need to wipe the floor down with a towel. Instead, let it air dry. Rubber flooring is not affected by this small amount of moisture, and it will dry naturally streak-free. For enhanced ventilation and quicker drying, you can try opening a window.
- For deeper cleaning. Use a floor scrubber for periodical or regular deep-cleaning. A floor scrubber equipped with a red pad is what we recommend. Adjust pad pressure to low and dilute the cleaning solution following manufacturer’s instructions.
The frequency of this cleaning regiment will depend on how much foot traffic the area experiences. Whatever interval you choose, it’s essential to get on and maintain a regular cleaning schedule.
Keep in mind that you do not want to clean the rubber flooring within 72 hours of its installation because the adhesive needs time to cure completely.
Tips for Maintaining Your Rubber Flooring
To keep your rubber flooring in excellent condition, follow these simple tips:
- Establish a cleaning schedule. The best cleaning frequency for your rubber flooring will depend on how much foot traffic and elements it might experience, but if you can vacuum once a day and mop once a week, that is a good rule of thumb. The main thing is to stay consistent! Set a routine for your maintenance team.
- Take extra care of the flooring during the first six to 12 months after installation.Diligent cleaning during the first year will help to ensure the maintenance team has the right procedure and your facility is off to a great start for a durable installation.
- Clean spills as soon as possible: The quicker you can clean up any spills, the less chance the flooring will be permanently affected especially with chemical products or stains.
The Benefits of Our Rubber Flooring for Cleaning
Our rubber floors have many characteristics that make them easy to care for, including:
- Simple maintenance. Our rubber floors do not require stripping, waxing or harsh chemicals to clean. Without the need for expensive cleaning products and treatments, Mondo floors save you thousands of dollars in maintenance expenses over the long run.
- Germ resistance. Our rubber floors offer excellent fungal, bacterial and microbial resistance. While regular floors show reduced bacteria for only a brief period after cleaning, our floors inherently keep bacteria levels lower for longer, allowing better control between cleanings. This resistance to disease-causing microorganisms is especially important for hospitals and health care facilities where preventing the spread of infection is a top priority.
- Spill and stain resistance. Our rubber floors are nonporous, which makes spills easier to clean and improves stain resistance. These properties are beneficial in science and medical facilities, where potentially dangerous chemicals and fluids are handled and cafeterias, where there is more exposure to foods and beverages.
- Wear and abrasion resistance. Our flooring is proven to resist wear and abrasion. The unique Dual Durometer Technology in many of our products includes a durable wear layer that keeps your floors looking better for longer without the need for excessive cleaning. Their wear and abrasion resistance makes our floors particularly well-suited to areas that experience high foot traffic, such as retail stores and schools.
Your Rubber Flooring From Mondo Contract Flooring
Mondo Contract Flooring, offers commercial rubber flooring that is easy to maintain. We have numerous style options to fit whatever aesthetic you are going for, and all of our rubber flooring options are highly durable. We understand the importance of low maintenance rubber flooring for commercial buildings, and all of our options are designed with this in mind.
With over 70 years in business, we take pride in our products and offer our customers the highest quality flooring options. You can count on our flooring to be warrantied, environmentally-friendly, durable, comfortable, noise-absorbing, slip-resistant, chemical- and stain-resistant and more.
We are also dedicated to providing the best customer service — our specialists can help you find the best option for your unique space.
Whether you’re looking for low maintenance rubber flooring for schools, assisted living facilities or other commercial spaces, Mondo Contract Flooring has the selection you need. Contact us today for more information.
Amidst all the difficulties and setbacks of the Coronavirus pandemic, Mondo remains dedicated to our mission and values, primarily, providing safe and hygienic premium rubber flooring for the healthcare and life science industry.
Mondo has been granted essential services status for our North American operations and we are strictly following health and safety guidelines to be able to continue to service our customers.
All our manufacturing plants are currently fully operational and we are delivering material on schedule.
|CUSTOMER SERVICE / INVENTORYemail@example.com|
|TECHNICAL SERVICES||Josée Momy – firstname.lastname@example.org|
Time of operation: 8:30am – 4:30pm EST / Monday-Friday