Rubber Flooring Solutions for Schools
"Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it." – Marian Wright Edelman
A 2016 report by the U.S. Department of Education and other school groups showed that the average age of schools in the United States was 44 years old, with the majority's last renovations dating back to 12 years ago. With large segments of the U.S.population spending time in school buildings, it's no wonder they show signs of age and need regular updating. School buildings weather countless feet running down the halls, along with scrapes and stains. Education remains in movement, and we believe the structures that house students and educators must evolve to keep up.
Like other aspects of a school's design, flooring impacts function as well as appearance. It's essential to choose the right education flooring material whether you're an architect working on a new construction project or a school administrator looking to update your school's interior.
At Mondo Contract Flooring, we've spent over 70 years developing and distributing the best rubber flooring products for use in a variety of demanding environments, including schools. You can feel confident that your investment in our school flooring materials will benefit generations of students to come.
Why Is Flooring for Schools so Important?
Flooring forms a foundation for every activity that goes on in a school. From the entrance to the s.t.e.m. labs to the cafeteria, good flooring makes movement throughout the school safe and comfortable for teachers and students of all ages.
Flooring also plays a role in creating a school's atmosphere. Where old, weathered flooring produces a drab and depressing environment, high-quality school flooring in the right color scheme makes for a joyful and welcoming atmosphere. Well-designed school environments rank as more conducive to learning than poorly designed counterparts.
What Type of School Flooring Is Best?
Flooring is an essential part of a school's design. Choosing the right material requires consideration for a range of factors, including regulatory requirements, personnel preferences and budget.
Schools have many types of flooring to choose from when making design decisions, — including vinyl and linoleum — but rubber is the best flooring for schools. Rubber flooring in an educational environment strikes the perfect balance between form and function, performance and design.
You can find education rubber flooring with plenty of features for safety, durability and performance. Plus, our rubber flooring comes in multiple colors and styles to suit different tastes, all within a comparatively low overall cost of ownership. If you select new flooring for a school building or district, it's well worth considering rubber as an option.
What Are the Benefits of Mondo Education Flooring?
At Mondo Contract Flooring, we work hard to create rubber flooring products that exceed the unique needs of educators and students. Our rubber flooring materials come with the following features and benefits:
- Slip-resistance: Our rubber flooring materials offer excellent slip-resistance, even when wet. This makes moving around the classroom and school building safer for children and personnel. Mondo's education flooring complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Sound-absorption: Our flooring also features great sound-absorption. Unlike harder school flooring materials, which reflect sounds around a space, rubber absorbs sound to keep distracting noise to a minimum.
- Environmental safety: Our rubber flooring is environmentally friendly and doesn't contain any LBC red-listed ingredients. Our products are also Class 1 fire rated and have undergone rigorous testing to ensure the protection of indoor air quality.
- Underfoot cushioning: Teachers and other school personnel spend long hours on their feet. Our rubber flooring products feature an elastic construction, which provides cushion underfoot.
- Ease of maintenance: Our rubber flooring solutions for schools require no waxing or stripping. This means you won't need to purchase harsh, expensive cleaning chemicals or equipment as part of upkeep. These low maintenance requirements lead tosubstantial cost reductions over the product's lifespan. Our flooring can also handle stringent sanitation requirements when necessary.
To help ensure customer satisfaction, we offer 10-year warranties on all of our three-millimeter thick flooring options. Our products are sold in nearly 200 countries worldwide, including the U.S. and Canada. Several North American school districts have incorporated Mondo products as standard rubber flooring for their schools.
Reach Out to Learn More About Mondo Education Flooring
If you're looking for the best rubber flooring for your school design project, Mondo wants to help. Through our Schools for Tomorrow program, we partner with a number of school districts to better understand their unique school flooring needs and offer some added benefits to education facilities. This experience allows us to shape our rubber flooring materials to benefit the educational environment and provide performance by design.
Unlike some companies, which offer rubber alongside inferior flooring products, we focus our energy on developing the best rubber flooring for schools and other demanding settings. To see how we could help with your upcoming school construction or redesign project, browse our product selection online or contact a Mondo rubber flooring expert to request more information today.