Rubber Flooring for Healthcare Clinics
Healthcare clinics see many patients pass through every day. These vital care centers provide a wide range of services, including health assessment, therapeutics and outpatient surgical procedures. Whatever its focus, a clinic needs an environment that supports efficient and positive patient care.
Like every other design aspect of a medical office, the flooring system impacts quality of care. As a result, it's important to choose a reliable, high-performance flooring material suitable for use in a healthcare setting.
Whether you're a designer working on a new construction project or a clinic operator looking to create a better experience for your patients, Mondo Contract Flooring has rubber flooring materials to suit your needs. We have more than 70 years of experience in the rubber flooring industry. We have used our expertise to create products for healthcare clinics, private practice medical offices and other demanding environments. As our customers know, we provide only the best rubber flooring for health clinic applications.
How Flooring Impacts Care in Clinic Settings
Flooring provides a foundation for everything that goes on inside a healthcare clinic. Though flooring is often overlooked, it has an vital impact on a clinic's efficiency, cleanliness, safety and overall atmosphere. A quality floor benefits everyone from front-desk staff to nurses and physicians to patients.
A flooring system's function and appearance are equally important to healthcare providers. For example, the acoustic qualities of flooring materials can impact clinic atmosphere and patient experience just as much as floor color and pattern do. In fact, the most important features of a flooring system will depend on what type of clinic you run.
In a children's clinic, you might prioritize bright colors to create a joyful atmosphere to make visiting the doctor less stressful for young patients. In a dialysis clinic, you might instead choose sound-absorbing and neutral-colored floors so long visits are more relaxing and comfortable. In clinics that perform outpatient procedures, stain-resistant and slip-resistant floors may be essential to maintaining a clean environment and preventing accidents from spills.
Whatever flooring features you prioritize, practical and aesthetic qualities are important to maintaining both clinic safety and comfort. Rubber flooring is perhaps the best material for improving operations and patient experience in medical clinics.
A Case Study in Rubber Flooring
The right rubber flooring has the ability to solve many of the flooring challenges faced by healthcare clinics today. In one case, a Dialysis Management Clinic in Ontario, Canada, was able to address many of its practical and patient experience difficulties by replacing its old linoleum flooring system with rubber.
Before switching to Mondo Natura, our rubber flooring material designed with a sleek marbling effect, the clinic experienced problems with shrinking and cracking, stains from concentrates used in dialysis treatment and overwhelming maintenance requirements. Linoleum, unlike rubber flooring, is prone to shrinking and requires time-consuming waxing and stripping as part of its upkeep.
After installing rubber flooring, the Dialysis Management Clinic was able to reduce maintenance, prevent stains and eliminate hygiene concerns related to cracking. The clinic's new rubber flooring system also provided slip resistance, sound-absorption and a more relaxing patient experience, all of which play a vital role in a dialysis clinic, where patients spend many hours every week.
The initial cost of purchase of dialysis center rubber flooring may be more than for other flooring options. However, with this superior material, the initial costs are quickly recovered through durability, high performance and lower maintenance costs over the product's lifespan.
Benefits of Mondo Rubber Flooring for Health Clinics
As the Dialysis Management Clinic's experience demonstrates, Mondo rubber flooring provides many benefits for healthcare clinics. Our rubber flooring materials include the following features:
- Slip resistance: Our floors offer excellent slip resistance, even when wet, and comply with ADA 302 Floor and Ground Surfaces requirements. This makes moving around the clinic safer for staff and patients, both regularly and after routine cleaning and accidental spills.
- Underfoot comfort: Medical staff spend long hours on their feet. To help employees feel more comfortable and energetic throughout the day, our flooring features a resilient element for underfoot comfort.
- Bacteria resistant properties: Preventing infection and the spread of disease is of the utmost importance in all medical facilities. Our flooring is inherently resistant to bacteria, microbes and fungi, by design. Bacteria resistant flooring stops bacteria from multiplying, leading to smaller populations of microflora on the floor's surface and helps to reduce chances of hospital-acquired infections.
- Stain-resistance: Our rubber flooring is formulated for resistance to chemical stains, making it faster to clean and ideal for clinics where spills happen often and are largely unpreventable.
- Low-emitting material: Mondo rubber flooring is low-emitting and contributes to better indoor air quality throughout a clinic or medical practice. Our flooring contains no LBC red-listed ingredients, or heavy metals and has undergone rigorous testing and received certification through industry third-parties.
- Sound-absorption: Unlike harder types of flooring, rubber absorbs sound instead of bouncing it around. As a result, our rubber flooring can aid in the creation of a quiet, peaceful care environment.
- Durable performance: Our rubber flooring contains no fillers or plasticizers, which makes it highly resistant to shrinking and cracking. When you choose Mondo rubber flooring for a medical clinic or your private practice, you can feel confident that your investment will continue to perform well over years of extensive use.
Find a Wide Selection of Rubber Flooring Products
If you've decided to purchase rubber flooring for your health clinic, the next step is finding a product that meets your needs and fits with your design. Mondo Contract Flooring understands the importance of having plenty of options to choose from — after all, choosing a rubber floor for your clinic is a decision that will have lasting financial, practical and visual impact on your practice.
By focusing all our efforts on rubber, we're able to provide a wide selection of rubber flooring products for architects, designers and clinic operators to choose from. We've developed 11 beautiful rubber flooring options in different colors, patterns and thicknesses. We offer a 15 year wear-warranty on all our products and deliver all but two of our materials in large rolls for easy installation.
Buy Mondo Rubber Flooring for a Better Patient Experience
As a family-owned business with a long history in the rubber flooring industry, we're proud to offer the best rubber flooring for medical clinics. Shop our selection of Italian-designed flooring products online today or contact our rubber flooring experts to request more information.