“When we create an environment conducive to healthcare, we can see the benefits in employees' higher resistance to stress, lower percentage of absenteeism and staff movement and an overall higher quality of medical care.”
Flooring plays a vital role in establishing employee and patient comfort within the design of a healthcare facility. The right flooring material will help personnel perform their job functions comfortably and efficiently, prevent bacteria accumulation and keep the care environment relaxing and conducive to healing.
Whether you're an architect or designer choosing flooring for a client, or a facility owner looking to improve operations, you need an established supplier capable of providing the best in healthcare-grade flooring. With more than 70 years of experience in the industry, Mondo Contract Flooring can provide healthcare rubber flooring materials that are both beautiful and functional. The bacteria resistant, sound absorbant, stain resistant and slip resistant nature of Mondo Contract flooring creates a comfortable environment where healthcare personnel can focus on helping patients and patients can focus on getting better.
Why Flooring Is Important to Healthcare
The majority of hospitals today are designed to prioritize the functional needs of equipment and medical activities — often to the detriment of patients and personnel. Healthcare facility designers also need to consider how material selection impacts the overall atmosphere as it relates to patients and the performance of personnel members.
Flooring has a major impact on the healthcare environment. The flooring material you choose will determine corridor acoustics, employee efficiency, emotional atmosphere, overall cleanliness and more. A good healthcare-grade rubber flooring material makes a space both functional and pleasant. A poor flooring choice, on the other hand, can disrupt workflow, dampen the mood and hinder healing.
A number of studies shown this connection between environment and healing in healthcare facilities such as hospitals. Some research demonstrate that a well-conceived environment can lead to the reduction of blood pressure, anxiety and pain in patients. By improving a healthcare environment, you also improve the likelihood of positive patient outcomes.
Flooring can have far-reaching benefits for care since it plays both a functional and aesthetic role in a healthcare facility. As a result, you want to choose the best possible flooring for your needs.
What Kind of Flooring Is Best for Healthcare Facilities?
There are many types of flooring materials available to suit different tastes, budgets and needs. However, not all these materials are well-suited to use in healthcare facilities. Carpet, for example, can be difficult to clean, and hardwood is expensive to install and care for. Rubber flooring avoids many of these problems. Thanks to qualities that give it cleanliness, comfort, sustainability and longevity, rubber is one of the best flooring materials for use in healthcare.
At Mondo, we are rubber flooring experts. Rubber flooring comes with many benefits for demanding environments like hospitals, which is why we proudly offer a wide selection of high-quality rubber flooring options. Our healthcare-grade rubber flooring comes in different thicknesses, patterns and colors, so you can use our products to create unique designs and atmospheres without sacrificing performance or durability. Our flooring also includes features to promote hygiene and keep personnel feeling light on their feet.
You can see Mondo flooring providing stunning results in the entrances, corridors and rooms of many clinics, hospitals, assisted living homes and research facilities around the world, including:
- CHUQ Children’s Hospital
- The Peter Lougheed Centre
- Nemours Children's Hospital
- Camp Pendleton Naval Hospital
- Women's College Hospital
- Banner Health Hospital
- Wayne Memorial Hospital
Some of our popular flooring products for healthcare facilities, such as Harmoni, Kayar and Natura, can be used to create joyful and relaxing environments conducive to healing.
Benefits of Healthcare-Grade Rubber Flooring
When you choose healthcare-grade rubber flooring, you want to know your choice will pay off, both now and in the future. Mondo's rubber flooring materials come with a number of benefits for healthcare providers and their patients. Our flooring materials are:
- Easy to install: Our rubber flooring comes in large rolls. Fewer seams means easier, lower-cost installation. It's also ideal for flash coving, as the rubber is resilient and will not crack. Mondo rubber flooring has no added plasticizers that would dry over time or cause risk of cracking. Flash coving eliminates the joint between flooring and wall, where bacteria can accumulate and increase chances of infection spread.
- Easy to maintain: No coatings or waxes are required, making maintenance easy. Thanks to the low-maintenance nature of the material, Mondo flooring can save some clients tens of thousands of dollars in upkeep costs.
- Bacteria resistant and easy to clean: The vulcanization process of Mondo rubber makes the material bacteria resistant throughout. Furthermore, the material resists cracking and creasing to eliminate concerns for bacteria accumulation. Minimal seams makes the flooring easy to sanitize. Rubber is non-porous and can withstand stringent sanitation requirements.
- Slip-resistant: Our flooring has outstanding slip resistance even when wet, which helps promote safety in a healthcare facility where floors are constantly cleaned, spills are mopped and the personnel remains on the move.
- Sound-absorbing: Acoustics can greatly impact patient healing since loud environments can cause stress, anxiety and sleep disruption. The sound absorption quality of our flooring greatly reduces noise, leading to less stress and better patient outcomes.
- Environmentally friendly: Our rubber flooring is environmentally friendly and contains no LBC red-listed ingredients. It's also low-emitting, leading to better indoor air quality.
- Comfortable underfoot: Mondo healthcare flooring helps create a comfortable work environment for personnel, who spend significant portions of the day on their feet. The flooring's elasticity provides cushion underfoot without being affected by heavy loads such as patient beds and medical equipment.
Mondo's Dual Durometer Technology, — which incorporates a durable wear layer to an underneath performance layer, was originally developed in the athletic and Olympic sectors. Since being adapted for contract applications, healthcare facilities can expect long term benefits from our flooring without seeing a decline in appearance, function or safety.
Contact Mondo Contract Flooring Today
At Mondo Contract Flooring, we offer sophisticated Italian designs, excellent warranties and materials engineered for performance. Unlike other flooring manufacturers — which offer rubber flooring as an afterthought — we focus entirely on rubber, so you can feel confident in receiving the best flooring material for your healthcare facility's needs.
Whether you're in charge of a redesign effort or leading a new construction project, we want to help you find the flooring you're looking for. You can view all our flooring products online or receive guidance from an expert. For more information about our healthcare-grade flooring, please fill out an online contact form or reach out to a Mondo representative today.