Commercial Rubber Flooring for Higher Education
Ensuring quality higher education is one of the most important things we can do for future generations. – Ron Lewis
Choosing a path of higher learning makes for long hours in the library, research and trial and error before the student becomes a professional ready to face real-world challenges. Colleges and universities often renovate and innovate. These institutions need to create an ideal environment for higher education, one that promotes social interaction, encourages healthy behaviors and aids in the development of studious minds. Just as students pour into their educations, colleges and universities invest high amounts to provide equally great educational environments.
Though every aspect of design impacts a college or university's success, flooring plays a key part in their facilities. Flooring provides functionality and shapes the school's visual appearance and atmosphere to drive learning and student engagement from every angle. As a result, it's important for universities to choose the right flooring material for the job.
Whether you're an architect or university administrator leading an ambitious redesign effort, you need a flooring material provider capable of delivering products that exceed the unique needs of higher education institutions. At Mondo Contract Flooring, we have over 70 years of experience developing, producing and distributing high-quality rubber flooring for use in a variety of demanding settings, including college campuses. If you're looking for commercial rubber flooring for your school, we have what you need.
Why Choose Commercial Rubber Flooring for Higher Education?
Universities and colleges have many options when it comes to choosing flooring for their buildings. While the type of flooring you choose will depend on many factors — including the specific application, regulatory requirements, and budget — custom rubber flooring for your university is often the best option for many reasons.
Rubber flooring is suitable for nearly any university setting due to its features for safety, cleanliness, durability and performance. Classrooms, science laboratories, hallways, student union buildings, student residence halls, dining halls, recreation centers and more, may all benefit from the installation of a quality rubber flooring material.
You can create a design that matches your school's unique sensibilities by choosing from a number of different flooring styles and colors. You can even match your school's colors!
At Mondo, we provide a number of custom rubber flooring options for colleges and universities, ranging from bold and solid colors to materials recalling the natural look of wood and concrete.
Our products are sold in nearly 200 countries worldwide, and you can see Mondo products offering stunning results in numerous university facilities, including:
- The University of Toronto's Ontario Institute for Studies in Education
- The Brookfield Institute at Ryerson University
- Portland Community College
- Salt Lake City Community College - Westpointe Career and Technical Center
- The University of Florence Library
Benefits of Mondo's Rubber Flooring for Universities
When you install new flooring for your college or university, you want to know it will continue to benefit students and personnel for years to come. We designed our standard rubber flooring for universities to offer the following advantages:
- Durable performance: Our rubber flooring features proven wear abrasion resistance, and because it includes no fillers or plasticizers, it will not crack. All of our three-millimeter thick products come with 10-year warranties for excessive wear, so you can feel confident in your flooring's ability to deliver long-lasting results. Not to mention, our flooring has a high stain and chemical resistance, making it even more durable.
- Slip-resistance: Our rubber flooring material provides outstanding slip resistance when wet, making it safer for students and personnel to move around the school. Our products exceed the requirements outlined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Stain-resistance: Rubber flooring for student residence halls, dining halls and other areas prone to spills needs to be stain-resistant. Our rubber flooring is non-porous and can withstand chemicals and products which would stain most vinyls and linoleums.
- Bacteria-resistance: Through the vulcanization process, our products acquire bacteria resistance properties. This helps curb bacteria accumulation and keeps high-risk areas like biology labs safe for students, professors, and researchers.
- Sound-absorption: For the best learning outcomes, college classrooms, libraries and study areas need to remain as quiet as possible. Unlike harder flooring materials, which echo sound, Mondo's rubber flooring absorbs sound to reduce noise and produce a less stressful educational environment.
- Underfoot comfort: Professors, administrative personnel and students spend long hours on their feet every day. Our flooring features elastic construction for underfoot cushioning to promote greater comfort and reduced stress.
- Ease of maintenance: Mondo rubber flooring products require no stripping or waxing as part of maintenance. This means you won't need to purchase expensive cleaning chemicals or equipment to keep your flooring in top shape. Over the product's long lifespan, reduced maintenance requirements can result in tens of thousands of dollars in savings, which universities can direct to other projects.
- Sustainability: Our rubber is environmentally friendly and doesn't contain any LBC red-listed ingredients. Our flooring products are 100% recyclable, GREENGUARD Gold certified and low-emitting, which helps maintain good indoor air quality.
Contact Mondo Contract Flooring Today
Whether you are looking for rubber flooring for classrooms, student science labs, residence halls or elsewhere, colleges and universities need flooring products that exceed the highest standards for performance and design. At Mondo Contract Flooring, we focus our energy on the development of high-quality rubber flooring products for higher education and other demanding environments.
Our flooring is the only rubber flooring product with Dual Durometer Technology and all of our installers are certified and determined to get the job done right every time.
With rubber flooring available in multiple colors, patterns and thicknesses, you can find a material that suits your design needs. Browse our products online today or reach out to us to request more information.
Learn More About Education Flooring
- OISE Flooring Project
- Portland Community College Project
- Ryerson University Project
- Schulsprengel Institute Project
- Senac School Project
- SLCC Community College Project
- St. Benedict Catholic Secondary School Project
- St. David Catholic School Project
- Stipes Elementary School Project
- Tagaborg School Project
- Theodore Roosevelt High School Project
- Universdad de Deusto Project
- University of Florence Project
- Utsikten Kindergarden Project
- Waterjet Cutting