Rubber flooring is highly durable and low maintenance, making it an ideal choice for a variety of commercial buildings. But proper care is still required to get the most out of your flooring.
Fortunately, Mondo rubber flooring is relatively easy to clean and maintain as it doesn’t require any stripping and waxing regimen or the purchase of expensive scrubing pad systems. By following a few simple steps and tips, you’ll be able to keep your rubber flooring looking as good as new, whatever your environment may be. These are not exhaustive, our technical team can help you customize a maintenance protocol that will suit your facility.
Mondo Maintenance Instructions
The best thing to do in terms of maintenance for Mondo rubber flooring is to avoid the accumulation of dirt and debris that may be tracked in on footwear or enter through windows and air ducts. With heaving accumulation, the dirt can eventually scrub the floor and wear down the shine or the finish.
Depending on your facility, our technical team can recommend customized steps. However, these are some general guidelines for maintaining your Mondo Contract rubber flooring:
- Vacuum the floor. Dry vacuum (or dust mop) the flooring to remove all dirt whenever necessary. We suggest working from one side to the other to avoid missing any spots.
- Select the right cleaner. Use a neutral cleaner to mop the floor after it has been vacuumed. We can recommend several products for your needs, available in our maintenance guide. Opt for a formula that is low foaming, filmfree and requires less frequent rinses. No heavy-chemical maintenance is necessary. However, our flooring can handle stringent sanitation requirements if you need to use a stronger cleaner. Please discuss with your Mondo representative or our technical team to customize the best plan for your facility.
- Mop the floor. Start at the end of the room that is farthest from the door and work your way toward the exit. Saving the exit for last will allow you to leave without stepping on the freshly mopped floor. We recommend using a microfiber system, using one mop for washing and another for rinsing, and frequently disposing of any soiled cleaning liquids. This should be performed no less than once weekly.
- Allow the area to air dry. There is no need to wipe the floor down with a towel. Instead, let it air dry. Rubber flooring is not affected by this small amount of moisture, and it will dry naturally streak-free. For enhanced ventilation and quicker drying, you can try opening a window.
- For deeper cleaning. Use a floor scrubber for periodical or regular deep-cleaning. A floor scrubber equipped with a red pad is what we recommend. Adjust pad pressure to low and dilute the cleaning solution following manufacturer’s instructions.
The frequency of this cleaning regiment will depend on how much foot traffic the area experiences. Whatever interval you choose, it’s essential to get on and maintain a regular cleaning schedule.
Keep in mind that you do not want to clean the rubber flooring within 72 hours of its installation because the adhesive needs time to cure completely.
Tips for Maintaining Your Rubber Flooring
To keep your rubber flooring in excellent condition, follow these simple tips:
- Establish a cleaning schedule. The best cleaning frequency for your rubber flooring will depend on how much foot traffic and elements it might experience, but if you can vacuum once a day and mop once a week, that is a good rule of thumb. The main thing is to stay consistent! Set a routine for your maintenance team.
- Take extra care of the flooring during the first six to 12 months after installation.Diligent cleaning during the first year will help to ensure the maintenance team has the right procedure and your facility is off to a great start for a durable installation.
- Clean spills as soon as possible: The quicker you can clean up any spills, the less chance the flooring will be permanently affected especially with chemical products or stains.
The Benefits of Our Rubber Flooring for Cleaning
Our rubber floors have many characteristics that make them easy to care for, including:
- Simple maintenance. Our rubber floors do not require stripping, waxing or harsh chemicals to clean. Without the need for expensive cleaning products and treatments, Mondo floors save you thousands of dollars in maintenance expenses over the long run.
- Germ resistance. Our rubber floors offer excellent fungal, bacterial and microbial resistance. While regular floors show reduced bacteria for only a brief period after cleaning, our floors inherently keep bacteria levels lower for longer, allowing better control between cleanings. This resistance to disease-causing microorganisms is especially important for hospitals and health care facilities where preventing the spread of infection is a top priority.
- Spill and stain resistance. Our rubber floors are nonporous, which makes spills easier to clean and improves stain resistance. These properties are beneficial in science and medical facilities, where potentially dangerous chemicals and fluids are handled and cafeterias, where there is more exposure to foods and beverages.
- Wear and abrasion resistance. Our flooring is proven to resist wear and abrasion. The unique Dual Durometer Technology in many of our products includes a durable wear layer that keeps your floors looking better for longer without the need for excessive cleaning. Their wear and abrasion resistance makes our floors particularly well-suited to areas that experience high foot traffic, such as retail stores and schools.
Your Rubber Flooring From Mondo Contract Flooring
Mondo Contract Flooring, offers commercial rubber flooring that is easy to maintain. We have numerous style options to fit whatever aesthetic you are going for, and all of our rubber flooring options are highly durable. We understand the importance of low maintenance rubber flooring for commercial buildings, and all of our options are designed with this in mind.
With over 70 years in business, we take pride in our products and offer our customers the highest quality flooring options. You can count on our flooring to be warrantied, environmentally-friendly, durable, comfortable, noise-absorbing, slip-resistant, chemical- and stain-resistant and more.
We are also dedicated to providing the best customer service — our specialists can help you find the best option for your unique space.
Whether you’re looking for low maintenance rubber flooring for schools, assisted living facilities or other commercial spaces, Mondo Contract Flooring has the selection you need. Contact us today for more information.
Cleaning protocols for shared commercial spaces with high turnover are vital to maintain sanitary conditions and reduce risk of HAI (Healthcare Acquired Infection). Efficient control protocols will reduce harmful microorganism proliferation, which can be serious health threats such as COVID-19, SARS and MERS.
High-risk areas must be sanitized frequently. Low risk areas such as flooring will only require cleaning and disinfection. Daily cleaning of resilient flooring surfaces in a healthcare application is recommended in order to remove any visible soiling and in order to maintain cleanliness and aesthetic appeal. Cleaning Mondo Premium Rubber Contract Flooring can be done with a simple dust and wet mop. When interim deeper cleaning needs to be performed, the use an auto scrubber with a standard red pad and a neutral cleaner is all that is required. The action of cleaning alone significantly reduces microbial count, making disinfecting much more efficient.
Consult our whitepaper on recommended disinfection guidelines for resilient flooring in healthcare.
Amidst all the difficulties and setbacks of the Coronavirus pandemic, Mondo remains dedicated to our mission and values, primarily, providing safe and hygienic premium rubber flooring for the healthcare and life science industry.
Mondo has been granted essential services status for our North American operations and we are strictly following health and safety guidelines to be able to continue to service our customers.
All our manufacturing plants are currently fully operational and we are delivering material on schedule.
|CUSTOMER SERVICE / INVENTORYfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TECHNICAL SERVICES||Josée Momy – email@example.com|
Time of operation: 8:30am – 4:30pm EST / Monday-Friday